Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lenten reflection March 14th


When we think of life and all the people we know, I often times think of how we admire some people and pity others, put some people up on a pedestal and feel resentful to yet others. Sometimes we feel proud of our selves and other times we have no self esteem at all.

When we read Romans 3:21-24 God puts our lives in a different perspective. We are all equal in His eyes. We are equally sinful and equally in need of His righteousness. The wonderful news is that He gave us all the same access to His righteousness, through faith in Jesus Christ.

The story of Easter, where Jesus both suffered and died for our sins is the story of Gods love for all humanity and our equal opportunity to a new life, not because of our own righteousness, but simply because He is righteous and he loves us.

It is comforting and fills me with joy, to look at people around me and recognize that I don’t have to judge people or appraise them, because in the eyes of God we are equally needy of his grace and righteousness. It is also reassuring to know that Gods intention for each one of us is only good. He is with us through all fazes of life, the easy and happy ones, but also the dark and challenging ones. When we read psalm 23 we see a picture of a God who is with us in all of life’s circumstances, both in the green pastures and in the vally of the shadow of death.
Remember that seen through His eyes we are equal and worthy of his love, because He did give his only begotten Son so that we should have eternal life.
All we have to do is to believe it and receive it!

Celebrate the preparation of Easter remembering all He has done and is doing for you!

Pastor Terje
Gardermoen Kristne Fellesskap

Romans 3:21-24
21But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, [a] I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Jeremiah 5:20-31*
Psalm 75
Romans 3:19-31
John 7:1-13

No comments:

Post a Comment